#OnThisDay – In 1847, the English novelist Charlotte BrontÃ« (under the pseudonym Currer Bell) published Jane eyre.
- Gustav Klimt was born in which year? 1882, 1862, 1852 or 1892?
- Who had huge success in 1958 with “Summertime Blues”? Jerry Lee Lewis, Billy Ward, Eddie Cochran or Buddy Holly?
- Chirophobia is the irrational fear of what part of the body?
- The town of Honiton in Devon is famous for producing what?
- Which of the following is not a melon variety? Cantaloupe, Chantenay, Miel or Casaba?
- Sulley is the nickname of the main character in which animated film? Wall-E, Cars, A Bug’s Life or Monsters Inc?
- Which of these is the correct name for a bone in the human arm? Fulna, Bulna, Dulna or Ulna?
- In the Harry Potter book series, in which novel does Hermione Granger use the “Oppugno” spell to throw the birds at Ron?
- How many hoops are there in a matching game of croquet?
- What year did the Pussycat Dolls release “Don’t Cha”? 2005, 2003, 2009 or 2007?
Answers of October 15:
Questions: 1. Which British boxer is nicknamed “King Khan”? 2. Which solo artist won the 1993 Grammy for Record of the Year for the song “Tears in Heaven”? George Michael, Phil Collins, Eric Clapton or Elton John? 3.The aria ‘Un bel di vedremo’ (A beautiful day) is from which Giacomo Puccini’s opera? 4.Edward Seymour, 1st Duke of Somerset, was executed for treason during the reign of which English monarch? 5. In an episode of the American television series “The Simpsons”, who mistook Homer for Mr. Bean? 6. What is the name of Claudio’s sister in Shakespeare’s play âMeasure For Measureâ? 7.What kind of animal is a Lipizzaner? 8.In UK, in what year was the Royal Automobile Club founded? 9.What is the color of the triangle on the Bass Brewery logo? 10.Rodney Pattison won Olympic gold medals for Great Britain in 1968 and 1972 in which sport?
Answers: 1.Amir Khan 2.Eric Clapton 3.Madame Butterfly 4.King Edward VI 5.Tony Blair 6.Isabella 7.Horse 8.1897 9.Red 10.Sail
Get all the latest news, updates, things to do and more from your local InYourArea feed.