But it can accommodate up to 48 people and has six private villas, so it’s worth the price, right?
Imagine what you could do with $ 1 million in the piggy bank. You could buy a decent house or you could travel the world for years. Otherwise he would get barely 10 nights at the world’s most expensive resort in the Philippines.
At $ 100,000 (according to CNBC), Banwa Private Island is the most expensive resort in the world (but not the most expensive accommodation – it’s the $ 242,000 hotel submarine). Have you ever wondered what it’s like to stay in a luxury quarter-million-dollar hotel sub a night? We can get a glimpse.
Banwa private island and accommodation
Banwa Private Island is a new resort located in the Philippines. The island occupies about 15 hectares and is located in the Palawan archipelago. Getting there requires a two-hour helicopter or seaplane ride from the Philippine capital, Manila.
- Cut: The island occupies 15 acres
- Transfers: 2-hour helicopter or seaplane ride from Manila
Here, you can relax on white sandy beaches, opulent villas and luxury services that you dare not dream of as your wallet is empty.
On the idyllic island, there are six beachfront villas all equipped with a private infinity pool and jacuzzi. The villas range from one to four bedrooms, in total the island can accommodate up to 48 people. So break it down into 48 ways and pay âonlyâ $ 2,084 a night!
- Welcomes: Up to 48 people
- Villas: Has 6 villas by the sea
The island has 12 garden rooms and a high standard presidential suite.
Wine, food and luxury services
The resort is (naturally) all-inclusive and has a full team of chefs who cook with vegetables from the on-site organic farm and with fish caught from the surrounding Sulu Sea. But that’s not all, according to CNBC, the station even makes its own honey!
- Local product: The island produces its own vegetables, honey and fish from the surrounding sea
With dinner comes victory. And the wine list has bottles costing up to $ 36,000, so $ 100,000 has the potential to explode very quickly (premium wines are not included in the resort rate).
- Wines: Cost up to $ 36,000 per bottle
What’s included is concierge plus unlimited spa treatments (so enjoy as many tropical island massages as you want). Other included activities include jet skiing, kayaking, scuba diving, sailing, snorkeling, yoga, and tennis.
- Included: Unlimited concierge and spa treatments
- Activities: Kayaking, scuba diving, sailing, snorkeling, yoga, jet skiing and tennis
An on-site marine specialist is also there to discuss local wildlife, including native Filipino animals like hawksbill turtles and Tabon birds.
Private island spending and cost comparisons
Transfers are not included. So after renting the resort, it will still cost more to get there. Prices start at $ 990 one-way for a nine-passenger seaplane and go up to $ 11,580 for a five-passenger helicopter round-trip.
- Helicopter: $ 11,580 for round trip costs
Oh, and then there’s the two night minimum stay like most hotels – expect this to be not a normal hotel. The minimum stay is therefore 3 to 5 nights depending on the time of year.
- Minimum stay: 3 to 5 Nights
- Minimum fees: Over $ 300,000 or $ 500,000
In the past, America’s most expensive accommodation was the Mark Hotel Penthouse in New York City for $ 75,000. But now Banwa Private Island has met its match in the United States with a new Empathy Suite designed by Damien-Hirst at the Palms Casino Resort in Las Vegas, which also costs $ 100,000.
Alternatively, if that seems too expensive, just get something inexpensive (sic) – like this luxury underwater hotel for $ 15,000 to $ 20,000 a night in the Maldives.
Comparison of hotel spending around the world
- $ 3 per night: In Sheni Hostel – The cheapest hostel in Tbilisi, Georgia
- $ 30 per night: Dormitory at Hotel Hans Brinker – Worst hotel in the world
- $ 15,000 to $ 20,000 per night: The Muraka underwater hotel in the Maldives
- $ 42,000 per night: Musha Cay in the Bahamas (owned by David Copperfield)
- $ 75,000 per night: Mark Hotel Penthouse in New York (formerly the most expensive in the United States)
- $ 77,500 per night: Private Island Resort by Richard Branson in the British Virgin Islands
- $ 100,000 per night: Banwa Private Island
- $ 100,000 per night: Empathy Suite at the Palms Casino Resort in Las Vegas (currently the most expensive in the United States)
- $ 242,000 per night: A hotel submarine (the most expensive hotel in the world)
If you are tempted to spend your savings on a paradise island, you will have to wait. But at the time of writing, they are closed due to a typhoon. They specify on their website:
“In the aftermath of typhoon ‘Odette’ (‘Rai’) which only caused superficial damage to our island, the Banwa Private Island team is currently busy preparing to welcome guests again very soon.“
Next: The World’s Most Luxurious Hotel Rooms (We Can’t Afford)
Dark tourism: what it is and how to do it with respect
About the Author